Wednesday, December 7, 2011


Display The Top Commenters In Your Blog

Display the top commenters on your blog using the top commenters Widget. This widget allows you to display the top commenters to your blog posts using click-able links.


The names of the top commenters are displayed in a cloud.



To get this simply login to your Dashboard
Click on Design
Add a Gadget
Click on HTML Gadget
Type the name you want it to display
Copy and paste this code



<div style="text-align:justify;line-height:1.2;">

<script type="text/javascript">

function cCloud(feed) {

max = 0;

min = 10000;

//finding highest and lowest count

for (i=0;i<feed.count;i++)

{

ccCount = feed.value.items[i].commentcount * 1;

if (ccCount > max)

{

max = ccCount;

}

if (ccCount < min)

{

min = ccCount;

}

}

ccCountD = "";

display = "";

for (j=0;j<feed.count;j++)

{

ccdiff = feed.value.items[j].commentcount - min;

ccFontsize = 80 + (ccdiff * 100) / (max - min) + "%";

ccUrl = "'" + feed.value.items[j].authorurl + "'";

ccCountD = "(" + feed.value.items[j].commentcount + ")";//comment count

ccName = feed.value.items[j].title + ccCountD;

ccLName = "<a style='font-size:" + ccFontsize + "' href=" + ccUrl + "         target='_blank'>" + ccName + "</a>";//clickable commentator name

display = display + ccLName + " ";

}

document.write(display);

}

</script>

<script src="http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?

YourBlogUrl=http://www.kachiblog.com

&Exclusions=Anonymous,Onyekachi

&ShowHowMany=15

&Order=alphabet

&_callback=cCloud

&_id=f983a2380d9e51be27fb88cdef8aeb6d

&_render=json"

type="text/javascript"></script>

</div>

<span style="font-size: 70%; float:left;;margin-top:5px;">Get this <a         href="http://http://www.kachiblog.com/2011/12/display-top-commenters-in-your-blog.html target="_blank">commentators</a> <a      href="http://www.kachiblog.com.com/" target="_blank">Blogger</a></span>

<!-- Onyekachi -->





 &Exclusions=Anonymous,Onyekachi

Find the code in the box above, make your exclusions. this is where you enter names you dont want to be included in the cloud.Separate each name with comma "," without quote


 YourBlogUrl=http://www.kachiblog.com


Change this to your blog url

 &ShowHowMany=15

Use the numbering to specify the number of commenter
s you want to display

 &Order=alphabet

The option here is to use alphabet or frequency
Save it and
You are done

6 comments:

  1. I was looking for online money making related blog site. Great blog Article! That’s exactly the reason why I don’t comment on some of my favorite blog posts…… because the writer doesn’t make it easy for me to do so unless I have one of those accounts. I’d leave a lot more comments if more bloggers opened up their comments to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      We are glad you found it useful. we love to get feedback from our readers,pls keep them coming.

      Delete
  2. Good coding for retrieve the details

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      We are happy its good and did work for you.

      Delete
  3. Cool tips buddy. I was almost leaving your blog before stumbling on this tutorial.
    I was thinking of display top commenters on my blog but I just haven't make up my mind. All I have to do now is to bookmark this page
    Thank you for sharing, you have a wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Do let us know if it work for you when you finally made up your mind and don't forget to subscribe to our updates using the email subscription form.

      Delete

 
Scroll To Top